BE A PUBLISHED HORROR AUTHOR!
Horror genre personality and editor, Joe Moe, joins forces with Bill Philputt’s DAYS OF THE DEAD horror conventions and publisher Nicholas Grabowsky’s BLACK BED SHEET BOOKS to create a series of “Fanthologies” of your best short horror stories! Each edition will represent the regions Days of the Dead haunts including Georgia, Nevada, Indiana, Illinois and the Carolinas!
Here’s How to Enter:
- Write a short horror story of 2500 words or less!
- Your story must be set in your Days of the Dead region: Georgia, Nevada, Indiana, Illinois, or the Carolinas
- Submit your finished story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s What Happens Next:
- We’ll accept your story and edit it for publication – OR
- Almost there? We’ll offer notes, you’ll polish and resubmit – OR
- We’ll offer critique to help you refine your story for submission to future fanthologies.
We’re looking for the scariest, most creative and entertaining undiscovered horror writers out there. Here’s your chance to become the creative force you know you’re meant to be and to have others know it too!
Here’s What You Get if Your Story is Chosen:
- Free Admission for 2 to your region’s Days of the Dead show
- A free author’s hard copy of your terrific book
- Shared 20% royalties on sales of the book with fellow contributors
- Unlimited copies of your book at only $1.50 above wholesale cost
- A live book signing with fellow authors at your DotD show
- A published credit of boast-worthy value to boost your writing career!
No submission fees or hidden costs. All stories remain your property.
Let your creepy creativity flow and send your best story to us!
ATLANTA “Georgia Screeches”: [Complete]
LAS VEGAS “Nevada Necromance”: [Closed]
INDIANAPOLIS “Scary Indiana”: June 19th
CHARLOTTE Title TBD: Sept. 1st
CHICAGO Title TBD: Oct. 30th
Leave the fear to your readers! WRITE YOUR STORY!
PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
with the subject line: DOTD FANTHOLOGY along with the name of the Days of the Dead region you’re submitting for.